An Unnamed Blog

The opinions, interests, whining and wayward fancies of an eighteen a nineteen twenty year-old Muslim living in a medley of social, religious, non-religious and political chaos that is today’s Pakistan.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My Birthday ... and Bird Flu!

Greetings everyone!

So ... well ... today is my birthday. I am not much of a believer in astrology (at least not a passionate one).But every year, on the day of my birth, I have this sudden urge to google for a natal chart report. I got this one today. Its soo very long ... I didn't even read all of it.

Anyway, bird flu is in Pakistan, (check the cool bird-flu evolution thingy in the link ... the way bird flu virus can evolve into a lethal strain for humans)in NWFP at the moment. The doctors say it is H5 not H5N1 but samples have been sent to England for further tests. But I bet it is already in Pakistan despite the ban on poultry from India 'coz of the way many cases go unreported. All of it of course means no chicken. My mother has already instituted the ban in our house. It is terribly distressing. I don't even eat much mutton and beef so cannot sustain myself on that. Its just vegetables and lentils then. Ah ... well ... I hope it goes away soon.

And yeah ... Happy Birthday to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home