An Unnamed Blog

The opinions, interests, whining and wayward fancies of an eighteen a nineteen twenty year-old Muslim living in a medley of social, religious, non-religious and political chaos that is today’s Pakistan.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Can't think of any title ... just read the post!

Greetings everyone!

Can someone please tell me why an apostrophe in my entire blog is being replaced by a combination of these weird symbols? There isn’t any connection but is it because I changed some of the fonts in the sidebar? I can’t write to Blogger since they hardly ever give you a personal reply and Googling doesn’t help either … Please lemme know if you can figure it out … I’ll be forever grateful.

Bomb blasts in Karachi just two days before George Bush’s arrival. They say that pictures of the suicide bomber taken from a close-circuit camera may help identify him. I know these are hollow and the people who've suffered may not even read this but my deepest condolences to those who've lost their loved ones, the family of the American diplomat and the families of the Pakistanis dead.

I would have gone into more detail and wondered who exactly did this but somehow I am losing my confidence in everything ... in the government that gives us this news and identifies the bombers(not that I've ever trusted our ultra-un-democratic government in anything) ... in the international news media which is going to suddenly go into its speculations of Al-Qaeda involvement ... and amongst all of this people proclaiming like perfect know-it-alls that CIA is involved to tarnish the image of these organizations. Sometimes I want to plug my ears hard and not to listen to anyone but can you ever do that ...

George Bush is coming today? Or is it tommoro? With his usual sentences of General being a great man, a great friend, running a great 'war on terror', how we need to fight those humanless, conscienceless terrorists if we want to save this 'free world' of ours (Gosh we've had so much freedom, haven't we? Is it time to take it back? Oh ... no perhaps we will be allowed to cherish it a few years longer until we and our General are out of America's good books and suddenly harbouring terrorists or something? ... And sorry for my cynicism. Can't help it. ) Sorry ... as usual I am wandering with no specific direction ...

Will spare you for now 'coz I have to go ... My mom is calling me for something and if I tarry for a moment longer I'll have to bear the unpleasant consequences(imagine them for yourself ... she can be quite tyrannical sometimes).

Will come back later with something.

Lahore
stages a protest today. Pray that it doesn't go violent.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    those apostrophes must be weird just in your comp but i can see em fine. It sometimes happens on my comp too but then it goes away. go figure...

    going into a bit of detail, i don't really see the point of Bush's visit to Pakistan after striking a nuclear deal with India on one of the legs of his tour. It just seems very odd and an attempt to make his visit even more critical. I dunno, im just curious how pakistani admin react to it now.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Hira said…

    I don't think its odd at all ... I think this has been the policy of the US in the pst. Pakistan is just Musharraf and an ally on 'war on terror'. President Bush should have made it a point to meet with the opposition if he is interested in real democracy but he doesn't really. But yes I agree with you I am curious what is Musharraf going to do, when a nuclear deal has been offered to the arch-rival India.
    Sorry for my hurried reply. I am in shock as a result of the ban. And I am viwing this through vtunnel.

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Hira said…

    And thanks for letting me know about that apostrophe thingy ... now when I open the site with vtunnel(since Bloggers have been banned)I can't see them.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok so Pakistan happens to be a country with different needs and different background apparently and hence, we don't qualify for the same deal. *angel* Go figure...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home